Using events to boost your Social Media
Events are an excellent way of boosting your digital marketing strategy and further engaging with your followers and audience.
An event gives you the opportunity to talk to people face to face, creating and developing relationships. This will strengthen relationships you’ve started online through your social media activity.
Your followers will relish the chance to speak to you in person. They may feel as if they already know you through your online exchanges. They’ll be keen to get to know you, speak to you, and engage with you directly when they meet you face to face.
Here’s our essential guide to hosting an event for a socially active audience:
1. Continue to post and share on the day. Continue to manage your online content and keep socially active during your event, as well as before and after.
2. Share real-time Twitter updates which include quotes and images from sessions. Take photos and videos of delegates and publish articles and blogs on your website.
3. Invite press, and even bloggers (if possible) as they’re likely to provide online coverage of your event to reach a wider audience.
4. Ask the venue if they’ll share your posts – we help promote all the events we host through our Twitter and Facebook, as well as posting a write up blog of your event if that’s what you want.
5. Follow up personally with anyone you spoke to at your event, the personal touch will further connect you with your audience. Don’t sit back and rely on your website and social media.
6. It can be hard to measure the success of your event but you can relatively easily measure the resulting digital engagement on Twitter, Facebook and Google Analytics.
Instead of thinking of your customers as a database of contacts, use your social media to create a community for your customers.
An event is the perfect opportunity to harness the power of your social media activity and grow your online following.